40 Easy and (Mostly) Free Ways to Turn Your Day Around
Have you ever found yourself in a funk? Who hasn’t? Sometimes when you’re in a funk and in need of a good boost, it can be hard to get motivated to do, well anything. That’s where this list comes in. I’ve compiled 40 easy and (mostly) free ways to turn your day around because let’s face it, your time, energy and mental health are all too precious to spend in a funk.
Combine some of these together for a day of self-care, or pick just one or two if you’re in need of a quick pick-me-up!
- Call a friend
- Call a parent
- Write and mail a letter to a loved one
- Go for a walk/hike
- Meditate (check out my 2-minutes guided meditations)
- Yoga/gentle stretching
- Brew a cup of coffee/tea/hot chocolate
- Eat a piece of chocolate (get those antioxidants going!)
- Eat a piece of fruit (citrus is especially uplifting)
- Pet your dog/cat
- Donate (helping others is a huge mood booster)
- Do a pay-it-forward/random act of kindness activity (get ideas here)
- Play with you kiddo/niece/nephew
- Be grateful – write down three things you’re thankful for
- Spend a few minutes journaling
- Get lost in your favorite hobby
- Give/get a hug (hugs release oxytocin)
- Snuggle with a loved one (or your pet) – More oxytocin release!
- Look at photos of nature (research shows this can reduce stress and more)
- Have a dance party
- Spend a few minutes reading (check out some of my book recommendations here)
- Take a break from social media
- Indulge in some aromatherapy
- Take a shower or a bath
- Watch a funny youtube video, episode of your favorite show, or a movie
- Birdwatch/watch wildlife
- Declutter/clean (doing this gives you a sense of accomplishment which can improve your mood)
- Put cozy pants or a cozy sweatshirt on
- Light a candle or turn on a cozy light
- Do a puzzle
- Listen to nature sounds
- Bring nature into your house/place of work (can be as simple as some flowers)
- Read inspiring quotes (find some here)
- Reminisce with a friend
- Think of some of your favorite memories
What is your favorite way to turn your day around and/or boost your mood?
By signing up for the Mindfulness E-Course, you agree to receive ALL communication from The Mindful Mom Blographer including weekly newsletters, new content, freebies, and the occasional promotion relating to The Mindful Mom Blographer.