One way to get inspiration for living a low/zero waste life is to follow others who are on the same journey! I originally created this post over a year ago, and at the time had only 15 people that I regularly followed that I recommended (that doesn’t mean there were only 15 at the time, just 15 that resonated with me). I am excited to say that as I’m updating it present day, there are now countless people documenting their zero/low waste journey that I resonate with. I think is a great thing! Why? Because the more awareness and the more voices we can let shine within this realm, the more people will see/hear it. Plus, while the topic may be similar, each person has their own unique voice and way of doing things, which is a beautiful thing.
Following zero waste influencers is a great way to keep motivated, find inspiration, and get new ideas. They can also be great for learning about topics you may not necessarily know about such as environmental justice issues.
It also has been helpful for when I get discouraged, such as when the recent ICPP Climate Change Report came out. It helps to know I am not alone in my efforts, and I love that others are getting the word out there about reducing waste!
33 Zero Waste Bloggers and Instagramers You Need to Follow
Bloggers and/or Instagramer
1. Amy French The Good Life: Zero waste and eco-friendly living tips, information, and DIY projects!
2. Compost and Canva: Green living and eating, and gorgeous and super creative zero waste DIYs
5. Zero Waste Chef: Food waste, package-free tips, and more. She has an active Instagram page – I particularly enjoy her Insta Stories.
6. plantbased xicana: Nicole of plantbasedxicana doesn’t have a blog, but she does have a Youtube channel (although not sure how active that is)! I particularly enjoy following her on Instagram, and watching her Insta Stories.
7. Food is Free Project: Join a community that grows free food for others in their own yard!
8. Earth Custodian Designs: Amber of Earth Custodian Designs has a great blog about eco-friendly living, and a website where she sells products made from upcycled materials.
9. Green Indy Blog: Zero waste tips, inspiration, and DIYs with a heavy focus on working within your local community and learning about/assisting against environmental justice
10. Mama.Eco: Tons of zero waste and eco-friendly living inspiration. Her Instagram is fun to follow as well!
11. Zero Waste Ph.D.: Zero waste information mixed with a big side of scientific data
13. Small Footprints, Big Adventures: Eco-friendly living, traveling, and world schooling. Also focused on leading activism and change in local communities.
14. Our Climate Voices: A youth-led climate story-telling organization
18. Popcorn Ceiling Life: Zero waste living tips. She has a great Instgram account that I thoroughly enjoy following.
19. Mama Eats Plants: Low waste living and delicious plant-based recipes that will make you want to eat all the things. I love her recipe for homemade coconut yogurt.
20. Be Zero Waste Girl: Zero waste tips mixed with mindfulness and meditation inspiration. She creates her own meditations that you can download.
21. Zero Waste Chica: She has left Instgram, but her account is still live and contains great zero waste information
22. Zero Waste Dork: The self-proclaimed armpit of zero waste, April has a very real and down-to-earth outlook about zero waste living. She is also a good resource for going zero waste with kids.
23. Call me Flower Child: Low waste inspiration, and a GORGEOUS green, nature-y feed. It is a plant haven, and a much needed for someone who lives in a wintery state half the year.
24. Zero Waste Physician: Sharing ways she is working to reduce waste in the medical field. I love her unique point of view and observations in the zero waste realm. I can’t think of another trying to reduce waste in the medical field!
25. Vintage is Eco: The master of public transportation in a major US city. Inspired by amazing vintage pieces. Low waste living.
26. Zero Waste Memes: Because we could all use a little humor!
27. Zero Waste Habesha: Freweyni shares zero waste tips, and is a great resource for anyone interested in learning about and getting involved with environmental justice issues. She is another person that I really enjoy following her Insta Stories.
28. I Quit Waste: Zero waste with a focus on marine pollution
29. Naturally Modern: Zero waste tips with kids with a little bit of mindfulness and intentional living
30. BIPOCSwho_Zero Waste: An account featuring BIPOC in the eco-friendly and zero waste movement. A must follow for endless inspiration on people doing amazing things in the environmental realm.
31. Lemon & Salt Kitchen: Recipes to help reduce food waste
32. Zoe Zero Waste: Zero waste with kids
33. Zero Waste Dog: It’s a zero-waste dog!